Classic acai bowl
Makes 1 bowl
Tools + Ingredients
- Food Processor (if you don't have one a blender will work ok)
- Frozen Ripe Bananas - 2 large
- Frozen Blueberries + Raspberries - ½ C
- Almond milk (or any alternative) - ¼ C, then as needed
- Acai Powder - 4 TBSP
- Nut butter (I suggest almond) - 1 TBSP
- Cinnamon - a dash
- add all the frozen fruit and tablespoon of almond milk into your food processor.
- process it until it becomes a silky smooth consistency - this will take a few minutes of pulsing and removing the lid to scrape the sides down. you might need to add more milk to get it really churning - but keep on pulsing!
- then add in the acai powder, nut butter, and cinnamon (I like to fold some ice-cream over it so the powder will stay mostly blended and not poof everywhere).
- blend until creamy again.
- top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I highly, highly recommend getting a food processor! For these frozen fruit ice creams, a food processor doesn't need much liquid and so will make the blend super thick and creamy - the exact texture of ice cream!
Topping ideas: granola, dates, fruit, coconut flakes, nut butter, chia seeds, cacao nibs, buckwheat