Makeup brush cleaner
Tools & Ingredients
- Olive oil OR liquid Castile soap OR natural soap bar
- Clean towel
- Clean sponge (optional)
- Wet your brush under running water
- Pour out a small dollop of the oil or castile soap onto your palm (or onto the sponge)
- Massage the brush into your hand (or sponge or soap bar) and the caked-on makeup will start to come off
- Wash off your hand and rinse your brush in the warm water, squeezing out the excess
- Repeat steps 2-4 until there's no more makeup residue
- Lay brush on a clean towel to dry
- Be proud of yourself for actually cleaning your brushes
Try not to submerge the brush totally in water or the bristles can start to loosen and fall out.
I like to leave my towel & cleaned brushes out in the sun to dry and really make sure all that bacteria dies!