Meditate, feel great 🙏
By now we've all heard of the endless list of benefits that meditation brings us. I find it easier to stick by my meditations when I've keep track of them and have some soothing music playing in the background.
It also really helps me to have a gentle reminder every 5 minutes to center me back in. So far my favourite app that I've found for (non-guided) meditating is Calm.
A few reasons it's my favourite:
- At the end of your meditation it shows you an inspirational quote & your current meditation streak (ie. 4 days in a row).
- It shows you a calendar & highlights the days you've meditated. This is a pretty helpful visual 😊.
- You can change the background scene / music & do any guided meditation over any of the melodies - my fave is "suspended droplets".
- Each of the themed guided meditations have different time lengths to choose from.
- You can see your longest streak, total time meditating, & total sessions.
With the free version you can do several of the guided series, timed meditation, & (my personal fave) open-ended meditation which rings a bell every X minutes to remind you to stay present.
Try it out and see if it works for you :) Happy meditating!