I actually love dry brushing - it's like having someone scratch your back whenever you want while hitting all the right spots 😛 Not only is it a nice form of meditation and self-love, but it has some great benefits for the body too.
DRY BRUSHING 101
Dry brushing takes care of your skin in a few ways:
- Removes the top layer of dead skin - kind of like how brushing your teeth removes plaque
- Easiest way to exfoliate the skin, which helps to keep your pores unclogged and your skin looking healthy, young and smooth
- Increases circulation
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite by softening hard fat deposits under the skin
- Stimulates the lymphatic system - a filtration system that cleanses the body of toxins. Hello detoxification!
Who knew such an easy thing could have such great effects!
- Quiet your mind and get ready to brush away all your stress and toxins
- Use a firm brush with natural bristles and preferably a long handle to get those hard to reach spots!
- Make sure your skin is dry and that you can rinse off in the shower afterward.
- Start from you feet & hands and in circular motions with light pressure, move up the legs and arms toward your heart. (Brushing towards the heart results in better circulation.)
- Then brush down the neck to your lower back and over your stomach.
- Rinse off with a warm shower & moisturize that smooth new skin!
Isn't taking care of your body so enjoyable? Let me know if you've tried dry brushing and what you thought!